Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Original Pancake House

Pay attention to this blog post, for it will change your life.

The Original Pancake House of Charlotte, NC is a  gold mine. The 3 page menu is packed wall to wall with everything "breakfast." From pancakes to dutch babies and crepes to bacon waffles; everyone in your group will be satisfied.

Even when the lot is full and you have to park across the street, you are still going to be seated in about 15 minutes.


You immediately feel comfortable as soon as you sit down. The high vaulted ceilings make the restaurant feel larger and more open than you'd expect from the outside.

Out of the many times we have eaten here, we always have some of the friendliest and most attentive servers.

The Original Pancake house is the best way to start your day.



Exhibit A
The freshly squeezed orange juice.

I usually don't choose orange juice with pulp, but this OJ makes it work. Without the acidy bite, this orange juice goes down smooth.



Exhibit B 
French Crepes
(Sean)

I usually get the (wonderful) Western Omelette, but decided to mix it up this time. A life-long crepe fan, I had high expectations for these. OPH didn't let me down. Simple, yet delicious, with fresh strawberries and perfect crepe-titude, this is a real winner.



Exhibit C
Strawberry Waffle
(Ashley)

I'm getting excited just looking at this picture. It seems average, a waffle and strawberries, but trust me, this waffle will blow your mind. It is what I dream heaven will be like for me...swimming in an ocean made of strawberry syrup (which they make themselves..see picture below!) and waves of whipped cream. I may have taken this too far, but I am not sorry.


Cost: $$$        Quality: *****
The Original Pancake House
915 Charlottetowne Avenue, Charlotte, NC



No comments:

Post a Comment